Tuesday, November 4, 2008

November 4th






New news from Melissa. 

1. Beef stew...I made this last night and my parents came over to keep me company. Yummy. 
2. I am working on a stocking for Jeff. My mom made me a stuffed felt stocking when I was a little girl and I always remembered it being so fun and visually stimulating. My mom is making one and so am I. It is very tedious, but relaxing at the same time. The more I do it, the more I want to. Jeff wants it to be a surprise, but I really want to show my mother-in-law, so..I am just giving a sneak peak of one small leaf. 
3. I am pregnant! Most of you who read this know already, but this picture of me is week 12. 
4. I don't work when the kids don't go, so I didn't work today. I spent my morning at the department of human services trying to get health care for this pregnancy. I don't have much tolerance for paper work, faxing things, bringing in bank statements, ect. I am not a good "bookkeeper" for my life. I got there at 5:30 am and the line was 40ish people deep. I got in at 8:30 so which was pretty good. I think it is all going to fine, I just had a mini-melt down today. I know I am an emotional person, but hormones AND my {emotionalism}--Watch out! Just ask Jeff.  My friend Holly always says.."Where not 'emotional' , that sound so derogatory. We are passionate". I think I like that better. he.he. Today I also voted. I went with my friend Audra and her daughter amelia. She talked me down from the cliff.  Confession: Then we ate big macs. Ek! So bad....but soooooo Good. 
5. A snap shot of Dora...for jeff. Oh, we also decided to get the american indian dog in January.

5 Comments:

At November 5, 2008 at 6:41 AM , Blogger Amy J said...

Your beef stew looks awesome. And so does your stocking leaf. Glad you made it to the polls. Stay away from the golden arches, girl. Maybe we can get together this weekend?

 
At November 5, 2008 at 9:50 AM , Blogger marie said...

Still trying to send a comment.
marie

 
At November 5, 2008 at 9:52 AM , Blogger marie said...

Yeah!! I think this is working.
Great pictures & blog info.
Makes me feel more connected to
your daily life in Nashville.
Love you & Jeff a bunch :-)
marie

 
At November 5, 2008 at 1:13 PM , Blogger Simplicity Living said...

Congratulations Melissa & Jeff on the little. That is very exciting. Melissa I hope you have been feeling ok.

 
At November 6, 2008 at 11:46 AM , Blogger Audra said...

That beef stew looks amazing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home