Thursday, May 8, 2008

Next Big Thing

Jeff and I joke alot about "N.B.T." which stands for "the Next Big thing." We both have similar personalities in this way; we get really excited about something and then after a certain amount of time (which varies according to how excited we are) we fizz out. The followthorugh on ideas is not owr stong suit. Some of my examples include: Mary Kay lady....(didn't happen)...Personal stylist...(even got business cards, how embarrasing)..Runner girl....(that's a whole nother story)....Ballroom dancer..(would have had to sell an organ to afford keeping THAT up)...I wont list any of Jeff's. It is his business to disclose his. (he.he.) I know that there are others on my list, just can't think of them right now. I used to really get on myself about this, but I have come to a place where I think it is kinda cute. I like the fact that I get excited about things. If something sticks..then great! If not, so what!?






All of this to say....I am becoming Vegetarian! I took Nutrition class this spring and learned alot about the affect of meat. Vegetarianism is also in the air at the school I work at. A student gave me a book called "Skinny Bitch," It is all about Veganism. Then I watched the Video "Meet your Meat." I kind of wish I wouldn't have read that book or watched that video. {Ignorance is bliss, right?} It totally opened my eyes, and in one day I wanted to become a Vegan. Then I decided that Veganism would just be too hard.(No dairy) I have done a few things, like switch to soy milk and yogurt and try to cut down on the chesse. I just can' t totally give up dairy. (at least not untill I become an amazing Vegan chef) It just limits so much of what you can eat. I even did my final paper for Nutriton on the harmfull effects of dairy.



So, I am in the process of checking out different Vegan and Vegetarian food products. Some are really good! The Vegan hot dogs on the other hand....GROSS! I tried to grill them and look what happened. It looks like some kind of venerial disease. I am not discouraged though...I will keep searching, because I haven't yet given up on this "N.B.T."






If you dare....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIjanhKqVC4

4 Comments:

At May 8, 2008 at 1:54 PM , Blogger Jessica Turner said...

I could never go without meat. I think I would die. :)

 
At May 9, 2008 at 4:57 PM , Blogger Rhondi said...

Good for you! I'll be thinking of you as I take a big bite out of my hamburger. You should check out this blog. It's from my friend Mary, who lists all the recipes that she makes on her blog. She's a dietician who is moving here so she can do her internship at Vandy. Check it out:
www.startingfromscratch-mary.blogspot.com
xoxo

 
At May 9, 2008 at 7:42 PM , Blogger Annie B. said...

I told Colby that I was jumping on your vegan train, and he just made fun of me. He said he was moving in with Jeff...actually he challenged me (and you!) to read some literature from the other side of the argument!!(why dairy and meat are good and healthy for you!!)
what do you think?

 
At May 9, 2008 at 7:43 PM , Blogger Annie B. said...

sorry I missed your call tonight...we went out and got groceries! :( call me soon, miss you!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home