Tuesday, September 22, 2009

New York 3/4

Well,

I haven't stayed to what I set for myself. BLOG EVERY SUNDAY! This was my goal. Err.. I got busy.

Jack and I went back to Nashville last weekend at the last minute. I didn't get back to NY until Monday night and I was totally tuckered out. Alas, no blog! Then Jeff's cousins came into town and we have been hangin' with them. With my online class I feel like I am constantly on the computer. But, like flylady would say, "I can do anything for 15 minutes." So, here I am.

Highlights

1. Body: the exhibit. This place was awesome. Real human bodies displayed. It was incredibly interesting, expecially since I just finished antaomy last semester.

2. Going back to Nashville was great. I had a weekend to reconnect with friends and not be by myself since Jeff had to go do a Kenny gig. I went to church, went to my community group, and got to connect with my AA girls at a book study. I saw my mom and dad. It was great. One highlight was spending the afternoon at my friend Julie's house (who is an excellent baker) where we made a bannana creme pie for my dad's birthday. It was so fun! THe pie turned out amazing!

3. Jeff's co-worker's wife Jennifer is finally here in NY. She has two kids (Evangilene, 3 and Cameron, 6mo). She has been in my shoes for the past two years. We have been having a lot of fun together in Central park. I am becoming sort of an expert on playgrounds.

4. Alas, Kenny did not give ANY bonuses this year and Jeff and I feel like the griswalds from Christmas vacation. It is a totally bummer. We were totally expecting a pretty big check. Boo. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. So we are buckeling down for a bit to adjust. I went to the grocery store and guess what? 3.29 for a head of lettuce!! Annie, I think I am beginning to understand how you feel. EK! If you can believe it, Whole Foods the the cheapest store to shop. So I got us some groceries and it's meals at home for a while. (not a bad thing)

Ok, well here are some pictures and I am going to try to blog on Sunday. (God help me)

Melissa

2 Comments:

At September 25, 2009 at 3:44 PM , Blogger Annie B. said...

you make me laugh. and cry. Loved your prayer your wrote me. read it and prayed it and cried it. Love you!

p.s. does this mean that no iceland trip in January? Dang it, Kenny!! I'm going to hurt you!

 
At September 30, 2009 at 7:17 AM , Blogger marie said...

I love reading your blogs. Did you make the elephant onesey? Favorite pictures: Black & white one of you & Jack with ear hat on; Jeff in Body exhibit & Melissa with sleeping Jack. Can you send those to my e-mail so I can print them?
Love You!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home