Sunday, August 30, 2009

New York City 1

Hello everyone!

The Snider Family has officially been in NY one week tomorrow. Jack is now three months old. The flight here was pretty good, Jack mostly slept the whole time. Jeff is working at the office for TSO (Trans-Siberian Orchestra) from 10am to 6pm. We will be here until October 12th. It is really good to be here with Jeff. It really takes the sting out of the Fall tour, since he doesn't come back to Nashville until January 5th. Jack and I will be very experienced travelers once this tour is over.
Jack had a hard time here the first couple days. I think he was adjusting to the new enviornment.

Some highlights so far:

1. GREAT indian restaurant 1/2 block away "Basera"....Oh My...so, so Yummy (For all who may be wondering, Yes, I am still doing weight watchers...I ate 57 points on Friday)---my limit is 29 Ekk!!!

2. World plaza sitting area with trees and public seating is also 1/2 block away. Jack and I hung out there on Thursday and listened to the free jazz band. Jack likes Jazz music.

3. Central Park 1/2 mile away. Jack and I went there twice this week and just hung out. ( I breast fed him laying down in the park..he.he.)

4. Kane Family Visit this weekend...Mom, Dad and Billy were here. It was great having them because Jeff was gone doing Kenny, and it was just great having them here! We went shopping and also went to Queens for a BBQ at my uncle's girlfriends house. Jack and I went to the doctor on Friday because he had a low-grade fever. I turns out he is teething! He is a little ahead of schedule.

5. I GOT AN IPHONE! My life is forever changed. That is all I will say about that...I guess people get annoyed when people go on and on and on about how much they love there phone.

6. I took Zumba at the YMCA here in NY. The bad thing is that they don't have childcare. Boo! The class was good though, it was half filled with very Gay men...

7. There is an awesome AA club house just 4 blocks away. I went to a couple of mtgs so far and plan to go to more there.

That is my update for now. Please keep us in your prayers and thoughts. I feel like God is really going to use this time for our family to really have some good time/memories together. Thank you to everyone who is praying for us. I can really feel it. We have had a great experience working together as a team since we have been here.
I am trying to get some structure on my days, I want to try and do one cool thing each day. Museum, store, or just walk in the park. If anyone reading this has been to NY and has a suggestion for me..(jack and mom friendly) please comment. I start my introduction to Philosophy class online tomorrow, I am looking forward to it! ( i am also a little bit nervous) Thinking about thinking...I already think too much.
Ok..love ya'll
Melissa

1 Comments:

At August 31, 2009 at 1:03 PM , Blogger marie said...

Great pictures! Jack looks very relaxed listening to the jazz music.
He is so sweet.So glad the 3 of you can finally spend some time together. Keep the blogs coming:-)
Love, Marie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home